Suge Knight’s Son Says Being Treated Like A Serial Killer

Suge Jacob told reporters outside of the courtroom that the protective restrictions around his father have him living in isolation.

“It’s extreme,” he said. “They’re treating him like a mass murderer.”

via NYDN:

The 21-year-old son said he travelled from Fisk University in Nashville to attend the court hearing just for a chance to see his dad in person.

The last time they saw each other was two years ago, he said, when Knight dropped him off to return to school a week before the deadly parking lot confrontation that landed Knight in jail.

“He almost died three times in jail,” the son said, referring to his dad’s blood clots and an emergency appendix surgery. “I’m worried about him.”

He said he was turned away when he showed up at the jail last year – and claimed the protective order is hurting his dad’s ability to defend himself.

“Going in today and hearing my dad ask to be treated like a regular inmate, it actually hurt me. Why does he even have to ask for that?” he said. “I feel like it’s taking time away from his actual case.”

Knight is accused of intentionally running over two men in the parking lot of a Compton burger stand in January 2015, killing local businessman Terry Carter, 55.

One of Carter’s adult daughters also attended the hearing Wednesday but left without speaking to reporters.

Knight has pleaded not guilty in the case, claiming he was the victim of an armed ambush. He turned himself in for questioning and has been behind bars ever since, unable to make his $10 million bail.

The reasoning behind the protective order limiting his jail privileges remains sealed.

Prosecutors allege the founder of Death Row Records was upset about a fight with Cle (Bone) Sloan when he intentionally hit the gas on his Ford Raptor pickup and mowed down Sloan along with Carter.

Sloan was working as a security staffer on the Dr. Dre-produced NWA biopic “Straight Outta Compton.”

Knight later sued in civil court, claiming Dre wanted him dead to avoid paying him under an alleged lifetime management deal.

“Given that Dre has had zero interaction with Suge since leaving Death Row Records in 1996, we hope that Suge’s lawyer has lots of malicious prosecution insurance,” an attorney for Dre said in a statement reacting to the lawsuit.

Well I mean hey you did kill a man…

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s