Sh*t is getting real in the White House — and we’re seeing a lot of questions as to what happens if for some reason Donald Trump doesn’t remain president through the duration of his 4-year term.
Well, if Donald Trump or any of his immediate successors were to immediately leave office, this is the order in which people would assume the presidency.
1. Vice President Pence
2. House Speaker Paul Ryan
3. President pro tempore of the Senate Orrin Hatch
4. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson
5. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin
6. Defense Secretary James Mattis
7. Attorney General Jeff Sessions
8. Acting Secretary of the Interior Kevin Haugrud (nominee Ryan Zinke has not been confirmed by the Senate)
9. Acting Agriculture Secretary Michael Scuse (nominee Sonny Perdue has not been confirmed)
10. Commerce Secretary (vacant seat; nominee Wilbur Ross has not been confirmed)
11. Acting Labor Secretary Ed Hugler (nominee Andy Puzder has not been confirmed)
12. Health and Human Services Secretary Tom Price
13. Acting Housing and Urban Development Secretary Craig Clemmensen (nominee Ben Carson has not been confirmed)
14. Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao
15. Acting Energy Secretary Grace Bochenek (nominee Rick Perry has not been confirmed)
16. Education Secretary Betsy DeVos
17. Veteran Affairs Secretary David Shulkin
18. Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly
And now you know.